This February, the tradition continues as SEA holds its Annual READ-A-THON.
This event reinforces good reading habits while raising money for our school!
Our school fundraising goal is $15,000 raised and 300,000 reading minutes logged!
All donations are tax deductible and go directly to the SEA PTA to fund classroom enrichment like Lego Robotics, Outdoor Learning, and Field Trips and Teacher requested grants for the classrooms
What can parents do to help?
Once again, we are working with The Get Movin Crew to provide an effortless way for us to raise money online.
Raising funds online for SEA is quick and easy!
- Go to thegetmovincrew.com to register your student.
- Click on the big yellow star to build your student’s fundraising page! It’s quick and easy!
- Share our fundraiser by posting to social media and sending a few emails to family and friends!
- Please help SEA by helping your child raise a total of $100 in donations.
- It’s easy to reach your goal with only 5 flat donations of only $20, or more.
- Be a Superstar! Raise $250 or more and your student’s photo will be posted at SEA!
Use the online platform at www.thegetmovincrew.com to get pledges.
Questions? Contact the SEA PTA Read-a-thon Chairperson, Meghan Touchet at SEAParentTeacher@gmail.com
EVERY SEA STUDENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE BOOK AND BOOKMARK AS PART OF THE READ-A-THON EVENT
February is I Love to Read Month!
Encourage your student to read daily and record the number of minutes they have read by using the reading logs included in this packet.
SEA Read-a-thon Reading Goals
ALL SCHOOL: 300,000 minute
Grades K-2: Individual Goal: 20 min/day, Classroom goal: 3220 minutes/week
Grades 3-5: Individual Goal: 30 min/day, Individual Goal: 30 min/day
Submit Your Reading Minutes! Each FRIDAY in February, students should:
- Enter their total reading minutes for the week online at https://goo.gl/forms/gFNhG2k6jI55PsFJ3
- OR turn in their reading logs to their teacher using the included recording sheets.
DID YOU KNOW – Family members can also log their minutes to count towards the ALL SCHOOL reading goal?
This is a terrific way to partner with your student to promote reading as a team!
Family Member minutes can be logged weekly online OR via the enclosed minutes sheet.