This February, the tradition continues as SEA holds its 5th Annual READ-A-THON.
This event reinforces good reading habits while raising money for our school!
Our school fundraising goal is $15,000 raised and 300,000 reading minutes logged!
All donations are tax deductible and go directly to the SEA PTA to fund classroom enrichment like Lego Robotics, Outdoor Learning, and Field Trips and Teacher requested grants for the classrooms
What can parents do to help?
Once again, we are working with The Get Movin Crew to provide an effortless way for us to raise money online.
Raising funds online for SEA is quick and easy!
- Go to thegetmovincrew.com to register your student.
- Click on the big yellow star to build your student’s fundraising page! It’s quick and easy!
- Share our fundraiser by posting to social media and sending a few emails to family and friends!
- Please help SEA by helping your child raise a total of $100 in donations.
- It’s easy to reach your goal with only 5 flat donations of only $20, or more.
- Be a Superstar! Raise $250 or more and your student’s photo will be posted at SEA!
We strongly prefer that students use the online platform at www.thegetmovincrew.com to get pledges, however, we will also accept donations of cash and/or checks using the pledge sheet included in this packet.
Be sure to return all donations to SEA by March 2nd along with cash or checks made out to SEA PTA.
Questions? Contact the SEA PTA Read-a-thon Chairperson, Meghan Touchet at SEAParentTeacher@gmail.com
Jan 18: Kick Off Assembly & Online Registration Begins.
Feb 1: Ready, Set, Read! Start recording your reading minutes each day.
Feb 9th, 16th, 23rd & Mar 2nd: Turn In Friday – Turn in reading minutes sheet to your teacher at SEA OR Enter your minutes to the Google form online.
Feb 28th: Last Day of recording reading minutes.
Mar 2nd: ALL Minutes and Pledges (online or in-person) DUE TODAY!
Mar 5th: Prize winners announced!!
EVERY SEA STUDENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE BOOK AND BOOKMARK AS PART OF THE READ-A-THON EVENT
February is I Love to Read Month!
Encourage your student to read daily and record the number of minutes they have read by using the reading logs included in this packet.
SEA Read-a-thon Reading Goals
ALL SCHOOL: 300,000 minute
Grades K-2: Individual Goal: 20 min/day, Classroom goal: 3220 minutes/week
Grades 3-5: Individual Goal: 30 min/day, Individual Goal: 30 min/day
Submit Your Reading Minutes! Each FRIDAY in February, students should:
- Enter their total reading minutes for the week online at https://goo.gl/forms/gFNhG2k6jI55PsFJ3
- OR turn in their reading logs to their teacher using the included recording sheets.
DID YOU KNOW – Family members can also log their minutes to count towards the ALL SCHOOL reading goal?
This is a terrific way to partner with your student to promote reading as a team!
Family Member minutes can be logged weekly online OR via the enclosed minutes sheet.
PRIZES FOR READING*
- Top student in each grade with the most Individual Reading Minutes: Kindle Fire HD tablet!
- The class with the most reading minutes for Weeks 1, 2, & 3: Extra Kin Lab!
- Every Class that meets its overall reading goal for the month: Popcorn Party!
- School Meets All School Reading Goal of 300,000 minutes: All School Mini-Activity Half Day!
PRIZES FOR FUNDS RAISED*
- Individual Most Funds Raised Top 3 students à Be Teacher/Staff Member for a Day!
- Students Who Raise $250 or more Student’s photo will be posted at SEA as a SUPERSTAR!
- Class with Most Funds Raised Pizza Party (1 class winner)
- Grade with Most Funds Raised Dance Party (1 grade winner)
- School Meets Goal of $15,000 Principal Hanson & Vice Principal DeLaCruz will go in a dunk tank at the Spring Fling
- School Meets Super Stretch Goal of $25,000 Rieckenberg and Mrs. McDonald will go sky diving!!
*a student may only be awarded one individual prize